Friday, January 21, 2011

Review: Dr. Scholl's Rough Skin Eraser

So I heard about some stuff you can get that really get's rid of dry skin on your feet. It was described to me as some sort of powder that you put in hot water for a foot soak. It's supposed to just make your callouses and dead skin peel off. I couldn't find anything like that anywhere, so on a mission, I went with this - Dr. Scholl's For Her Rough Skin Eraser.Sounds awesome doesn't it? Exfoliates without extra junk on your foot like grit, "dramatic results", and the instructions say "rub until the dry skin begins to peel off". Awesome! So I took off my old polish in preparation for new paint, pushed back my cuticles, trimmed and filed the toenails, and what not. Following the instructions, I start with a dry foot, shake the bottle well, and apply a small amount to the dry areas. First of all, the consistency of the liquid was very difficult to work with. It wouldn't come out at first because it has an opening sort of like the newer no drip ketchup bottles. So I push a little harder...and SPLAT. Way too much comes out. Even the next time I needed to get more, knowing it was a difficult bottle, being really careful...SPLAT again. I rubbed until the liquid got kind of dry and I started seeing what looked like dry skin sort of rub/roll off. It took about two minutes of rubbing to get to this point. Here are my before and after picture (the top is before, the bottom is after).

Notice anything different? Neither do I. Sure, maybe it helped, a little...not really. Even considering that it helped a little, the product had so many flaws. First of all, the consistency was difficult (as stated above). It did not have "dramatic results" at all. I consider that false advertisement. It made a mess on the floor of dried skin, which I have actually come to conclude was 90% dried product that made it look like you were really getting off dried skin when you weren't. It left a weird feeling on my feet and hands, like a film that wouldn't come off with a little wiping or just water. It was so bad I didn't even bother to do my other foot.

Conclusion: Super fail piece of crap waste of money

4 comments:

  1. So something I did to get rid of rough calloused feet...it's a bit of a pain but, honestly, I don't notice it much anymore. You have to do it everytime. During every shower I use a pumice stone on my feet, without fail. Then as soon as I get out of the shower, I moisturize with a thick, thick, once of those deep penetrating lotions like Aveeno and wear socks for about an hour. After a week they will be nice and smooth.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of that and that sounds like a good idea. A pumice on a handle or something would be good. I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, mine is one of those on a stick that has a stone on one side and a brush on the other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice guys. I got a cheapy foot rubbing thing at the dollar store to see if it works a bit before I spend money on a nicer one with real pumice and a handle. I think I can already tell a difference!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments, and always read every one!