Sunday, September 4, 2011

Nails for a Cause: Ovarian Cancer Awareness

I've done nails for a cause before (MADD, LGBT), and love doing it. So do the other girls in my FB group :). This month is Ovarian Cancer Awareness month. Teal Toes is an organization that supports ovarian cancer awarness by encouraging teal pedis (and more). Fun huh!

So here are my teal toes in support of those who have dealt with ovarian cancer.


I tried my first water marble ever...on my big toes. Why do I have to make things hard on myself? I used Barielle Decadence, GOSH Holo, and Me Me Me Defiant. Here are closeups of the toes. The others are 3 coats of Barielle Decadence. (click to enlarge)


Here is me marbling hehe. I taped my big toe and used a paper towel to cover the others since I didn't want to get them all funky and wasn't going to marble them. It worked really well to protect the other nails. 

 As you can see :D. SPLOOSH! Awesome huh? The Gosh didn't work like I wanted it to and kind of separated into shimmer, but it's still kinda cool. 

Teal toes!!

Here are some teal toes the other ladies in my group did:


 Christine Mahoney



3 comments:

  1. I love it! You're brave to try it on your toes... I've never done that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun, though crazy lol. And thanks for being the only one to comment on this post lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i didnt know you had tried it in the end hehe! its awesome xx

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments, and always read every one!