Thursday, July 5, 2012

Guest Post: Naked 2

 My friend Jenny did a nice informational review post about the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette for you guys! Thanks Jenny! ~ Megan

Now, I know the buzz of the Urban decay Naked 2 palette has kind of waned, but my amazing boyfriend got it for me for Mother’s day, so I wanted to share it with all of you.
First of all, I’d like to say thank you to Megan for giving me this opportunity!  Congratulations, and I can’t wait to see the wedding pictures.  Enjoy the honeymoon!
The Naked 2 palette is awesome.  It comes with 12 neutral colors that are perfect for a variety of uses, from every day wear to evening dramatic looks.  I found that there is quite a bit of fall out, so patting or dabbing the colors on usually works better than sweeping it on the lid.  Also, I highly recommend using an eyeshadow primer because I’ve heard from a few people that the colors don’t last if you don’t use one.  I personally use Urban Decay’s Potion Primer, but I’m sure any kind of good primer will work.
The colors included in the Naked 2 palette include:
Foxy-matte cream (a little on the yellow side)
Half Baked-metallic neutral gold (also in the Naked palette)
Bootycall-satin champagne
Chopper-metallic rose gold with silver micro glitters

Tease-matte purply-brown
Snakebite-satin deep bronze
Suspect-satin taupe
Pistol-satin steel gray

Verve-metallic gray with pink undertones
YDK-metallic taupe with copper micro glitter (it almost seems toasted)
Busted-satin, plum dark brown (I LOVE this color so much)
Blackout-matte black (perfect for liner use)

I haven’t had a chance to play with it as much as I would like, but so far my favorites are Chopper, Tease (I LOVE this matte), YDK and Busted.  I also love that there is a very pigmented, matte, black. 

It costs $50, and we got it at Ulta.  I definitely think that it’s worth the money because if you were to buy each of these as a single shadow, you be spending quite a bit more money.  (They’re about $18 per shadow!)  It also comes with a dual brush with a shading brush on one side and a crease brush on the other, and a travel sized Lip Junkie lip gloss in Naked.
Look how cute it is!  I love this lip gloss also.  It has a really nice smell and it has a minty taste and feel to it.  I’ve noticed that lip color doesn’t really stick to my lips very well, and this is really no different and I also prefer to wear a nude lipstick under this as well because it’s fairly sheer and the lip stick *usually* helps it stay a little longer.

I think that if you’re into neutrals, this is definitely the palette for you.  I don’t know if you necessarily need both the Naked and the Naked 2 palettes unless you’re a makeup artist or a neutral lover, like me.

Thank you for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate your comments, and always read every one!