Monday, July 2, 2012

Guest Post: Strawberry Lemonade

Thanks so much for this summery guest post from Kristen at No More Nail Biting! ~ Megan

Hello everyone!  I am honored to be guest posting here at Painting Rainbows.  I am glad to help Megan out as she prepares for her wedding and honeymoon!  

I decided to show off a simple water marble using the China Glaze Summer Neons collection.  I absolutely love this collection and have been using the colors in a lot of my manicures this summer.  I may even have to buy backups of some of these colors!  Today's water marble uses China Glaze Orange You Hot?China Glaze Love's a Beach, and China Glaze Sun-Kissed with Love's a Beach being used on my pinkie and pointer fingers.  Underneath the marbled nails I have one coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On to give the colors more *pop*.  Sadly, neons are rather frustrating to try and photograph and needless to say that Love's a Beach is quite showing up in the photos how it appears on my nails. In real life it's more pink toned whereas I think it looks red in the photos.  
I love the yellow and pink combination that shows up on my nails and from the looks of it I probably could have gotten away without using Orange You Hot?.  I can barely see it.  This pink and yellow combination reminds me of strawberry lemonade, a wholeheartedly summer drink.  Mmmm.  Do you guys like water marbles?  What are your favorite colors to put together?  
I had so much fun doing this post for Megan.  I hope you guys liked it and thanks so much for having me as a guest poster. 

1 comment:

  1. This is very beautiful...I wish that I could get my marbling to turn out this good. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments, and always read every one!