Thursday, February 14, 2013

Roses for My Love

Happy Valentine's Day lovies! I've always wanted to do a vintagesque roses mani. Some of the new Zoya Spring colors just seemed perfect for it.

I used Zoya Jacqueline, Neely, and Piper, OPI Aphrodite's Pink Nightie for the darker pink in the roses, and Sally Hansen White On for the highlights. I'm loving this creamy yellow, and I usually hate yellow polishes!

I don't know what it was with the cuticle cleanup - sorry guys. I swear I did it like 3 times and that creamy yellow didn't want to come all the way off. Maybe I let me topcoat dry too much? Idk! I've been wearing this manicure for about a week now and it has held up great though. Go Zoya!


I stamped the lines, but they weren't dark enough so I went over them with a brush anyway. The rest was done with my tiny brush and dotting tool.

And here's my Valentine's Day so far! We have major surprise plans this weekend that I have to pack an overnight bag for, so I can't wait to see what that is! That's one good thing about being a Military Wife - the holidays you have together are extra special.
I'm making a card for him right now and I love it :D. I think I'm nailing it. I totally came up with that end bit I wrote on a whim and I feel quite poetic lol! This card is adorable if you don't look at my handwriting. I'm trying to use my Cricut more too!!


 I made him a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake! I had planned to do the fresh raspberries and white chocolate curls, but I can't find the white chocolate bar I swore I had for the top. I love the look of the raspberry sauce I made, and it makes me want to do nails just like that!

How's your Valentine's Day been? <3

(Some of these products have been sent for my unbiased review.)

1 comment:

  1. That cheesecake looks gorgeous and your mani is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments, and always read every one!